Saturday, July 29, 2006

Isaiah 43:10

Good Saturday morning to all! It's about 9:45am and at this point Craig has been fed, sent off to work, and probably already in the warehouse rearranging furniture. As for me, I have just finished my morning bible study and about to drink a cup of java.

Last week I decided that I was going to start the Beth Moore bible study series called Breaking Free. For anyone out there that hasn't been through this study, DO IT! Man, I didn't even realize that I was a captive until I started digging into this study and the WORD!

Memory verse for this week is Isaish 43:10

"You are my witnesses," declares the Lord,
"and my servant whom I have chosen,
so that you may know me and believe me,
and understand that I am he.
Before me no god was formed,
nore will there be one after me."

Powerful stuff. What a wonderful purpose statement. One thing that this study is doing for me, is helping me to put back into perspective the things in life that really matter and releasing the chains that Satan has used to bind me up and make me unusefull to the kingdom of God.

Since our wedding, Craig and I have really began to seek the Lord and daily surrendering our lifes to the Lord. We really have no clue as to where we will be come 2007 but we do know that the Lord has created both of us for more than mediocrity.

God is a good God and He is a big God and we are so estatic about what He is already doing in our lifes and what He is going to do.

One last thing I have learned already in this study is a simple way to know if you are being held captive.

There are 5 Benefits God plans for us to enjoy, and if we are not enjoying all 5 of them or do not see them present in our lives, then we need to check and reevalute our captivity level.

5 Benefits:
1. To know God and believe Him
2. To glorify God
3. To find satisfaction in God
4. To experience God's peace
5. To enjoy God's presence

No comments: